Friday, April 23, 2010

The Book ~ The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks

Here is the correct information I posted about a few days ago. The book is definitely on my wish list.

When Henrietta Lacks was diagnosed with cancer in 1951, doctors took her cells and grew them in test tubes. Those cells led to breakthroughs in everything from Parkinson's to polio. But today, Henrietta is all but forgotten. In an excerpt from her book, The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks, Rebecca Skloot tells her story.

This woman's story is amazing, and one of the reasons I decided to participate in the clinical trials.

2 comments:

  1. LaTishia,
    Maria just forwarded me your blog information. What and inspiration you are to your fellow Christians. I will pray for you and your family during this journey of your life. Sending you lots of love and kisses
    Evie Sterner

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dearest cousin Veronic stopped by on yesterday (my B-day) and guess what her gift to me was???? THE BOOK!!! Woo Hoo ~ Hard Cover and will be a classic on my bookshelf. I'm inspired and will be digging in reading it this weekend...

    ReplyDelete