Tuesday, May 4, 2010

3rd Chemo Today

Today's chemotherapy infusion went much smoother than the last. I arrived, had my blood drawn very quickly, by a new nurse (Nurse Heather had the day off). The great news is that nurse heather left some detailed notes about my port.  So once I got plugged up and ready to go, I went to the cafateria and grabbed some breakfast and my day began. SF was nice today... the drive over was easy, not much traffic as the weather conditions were great.  My father had to fill in for Lawrence who had to be at work by 3pm. His schedule is all over the place; so having my mom, dad and others as a support team is a Blessing!!!

I completed Phase 1 of my Clinical Trial... so now 14 more days of logging and answering questions. :O)

So here are my changes; I'm 95% bald. There are starting to be patches where it's clean on my head, so I had it shaved down even more and really ready for it all to just fall out. Dug in my drawers and found another cute scarf I can wear. It's going to be too hot for a wig most days... so I'll be rocking a scarf. I'm also going to post pictures when I'm completely bald so you all can see.

The fun part will be watching it grow back which will probably be after my taxotier/herceptin session get underway, because they don't have the same affect on your hair folicles.

My nails are black ~ and I'm afraid to even get a pedicure because of seeing what my toenails look like. Besides to prone for infection.

Well that is it... the usual today; had to take my chemo IV into the bathroom a couple times, that stuff runs through you and I took a good nap today. Like and hour and a half. The ride home was decent, my babies were happy to see me; and I'm about to lay it down.

The nausea has started, so I have to get a handle on it... Lot's of fluids is the name of the game. My feet are puffy...

~ Grace and Peace ~

Thank you again for the wonderful birthday wishes, cards, calls, seeds (money) and most importantly prayers!! I'm grateful.

1 comment:

  1. LaTisha,
    I am so glad that you are writing this post. My days are so hectic with maintaining my own health that I tire easier than most days. I want to call you at crazy hours to see how your day went. But also know it can tire trying to recant your day to dozens of folks, which your postings resolve.

    All this to say, you are always on my mind and in my prayers. Glad to read that Phase 1 is behind you. You are the Diva of fashion and role model for chic hair styles. You have a head that can sport any style you present. I can site the many hair styles from back in the day to present, you make look flawlessly FINE. Whatever you rock - perm, afro puffs, bob, braids, shaved sides, asymmetrical cuts, wigs, weave pieces, or a scarf ... you still look fabulous.

    We love you, Cuzzip:)

    ReplyDelete