Wednesday, June 2, 2010

I have Cancer, Cancer doesn't have me...

This past week has been a really good one. The first in a very long time since my initial diagnosis in January and all of the events that followed; two surgeries, a port-a-cath, my first round of chemotherapy (4) infusions, lots of nausea and fatigue and many sleepless nights.

I have decided that cancer will no longer be the basis of who I am. I have cancer (not for long though) and am thriving, surviving, and being me (bald head an all). This is not to discount the work that has been done by my family and friends... without them I wouldn't be able to keep my head up and my spirits up. The prayers have availeth much because I know that this journey could have been much more complicated and draining.

With my new decision to be in control and take my life back, I have gotten my "groove" back. I feel much better about being a mommy again and caring for my children and my household on my own. Especially since going back to work and school starting in July for both of them is just weeks away. I can no longer just linger around the fact that I'm overcoming. I am focusing on the healing and getting my stamina back up... so that I can be 100%.  I will ease back into work a few days a week and then go from there. I'm still in need of another surgery and I will have details on that in the coming weeks. But for now, I'm enjoying the great weather, spending time with the loves of my life and being in CONTROL!!

Again thank you for all of the prayers, the meals, the cards, the ongoing assistance and for just being good to me and my family.

Grace and Peace ~ LaTishia

BTW ~ looks like I get to keep my eyebrows and eyelashes ~ Courtesy of my MonaVie M(mun) healthy cells have beat the chemo!! www.mymonavie.com/destined4success

4 comments:

  1. Latisha! Stay strong girl! You can do it! Much hugs and love to my fellow bossom buddy! :) Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blog kept reading unavailable yesterday...didn't realize I had posted so many times. Sent with lots of love!
    Sincerely,
    Salena

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Salena ~ You know what you said it three times, one for The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit!!! We love you too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tish!
    Hang in there, Babe. Thank you for sharing your journey. Don't let it win.
    XXOO
    margo

    ReplyDelete