Friday, May 21, 2010

Drained... but SMILING!


First of all I want to thank all of you who have stopped by to read and catch up with me. I also want to thank all of my prayer "warriors" for your mighty prayers and encouragement, and endearing words of wisdom and faith. I know that God has me exactly where he wants me at this time. I must remind myself, it could be worse. Some people didn't make it through the night to see the light of day... So YES I am truly Blessed to be able to share my thoughts with my wonderful friends and family.

This past Tuesday, March 18, I had my last dose of Adromiacyn and Cytoxin (not sure of spelling) but the really BAD stuff. Today is the first day that I actually even felt up to getting out of the bed, let alone sit up in front of the computer. My dear friend, co-worker and annointed prayer warrior Gwen stopped by to bring dinner... we caught up, prayed and just enjoyed. I love the visits.

Mother came to check on me and the kids per her normal routine, she has been consistent in being here for me and the family and for that I'm so very grateful. I just realize each day how very Blessed I am to be able to go through the ringer with Breast Cancer, Chemo, Surgeries and such and still have a smile on my face.

One of my friends from college sent me a message on Facebook and he said, keep smiling, every day no matter what. That really touched me, because you know... I have so much to smile about.

Grace and Peace ~ LaTishia

8 comments:

  1. And yes, I'm rocking a wig... cute huh???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool wig! Great smile! Gorgeous Lauryn and Landon, and Lawrence too! So important to focus on the cool, the great, the gorgeous - you're doing all the right stuff, Amiga. Hang in there -- one foot in front of the other...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Latisha!
    Sorry it's taken me this long to post! You've been in my prayers. So glad you're done with A/C. Whew! I finished the 12 treatments of taxol on April 29. Hope it goes by fast for you! Blessings & Hugs to you! Jeanne

    Here is my blog and email if you need to talk:
    jmrocha114@aol.com
    blog: http://jeannerocha.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well another day passes and another day blessed to see my daughter still smiling and looking gorgeous as ever, with the beauty inside of her that makes it even better. I'm always more than happy and blessed to see the family and knowing that I will always be there to do what I can. Being in motion for a week or so, traveling to see relatives down in southern cal, I'm back. My daughter came up to visit today, her Bubba and Lawrence while Lauryn was in school, of course that made my day. Bub played with the dogs for the first time and it was so great to see him bond with my dogs. HOOAH!! Go BUB.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you finished the first stage of treatment. You and your family are in my daily prayers

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Cousin Tisha....I'm so glad to see that you are smiling in those pictures...I'm sad to see you have to go through this but I know God will bring you through and I will keep praying for you...kisses and hugs...stay in touch and many blessings your way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Tish!

    We love and miss you all, you and your family are in my prayers.

    Sincerely,
    Salena

    ReplyDelete
  8. I continue to pray for you. I wish I could be there to help.

    Love
    Aunt Sandra
    St. Louis Mo

    ReplyDelete